It looks really fancy doesn't it? But it's so simple to make!
Let me show you....
What you need:
1. 200g butter (the pure butter not mixed with vegetable shortening tastes a lot better)
2. 150g brown sugar
3. one large apple
4. 2 tsp baking powder
5. 200g low protein high ratio flour OR self-raising flour
6. four eggs
7. 9" cake pan
8. olive oil (optional)
1. Juice of half a lemon
2. Half a plum, thinly sliced
3. a small green apple, thinly sliced
4. icing suagr
1. Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees C.
2. Mix all the ingredients together until smooth.
3. Grease cake pan with olive oil or butter.
4. Pour mix into pan and bake for 45 minutes or until cake is firm to touch.
5. let it cool, while making the icing.
1. Squeeze lemon into a bowl and pour icing sugar in.
2. Mix it slowly and keep adding sugar until the mixture is thick and not too runny.
3. When the cake has cooled down, spread it on top of the cake and arrange the fruits any way you like.