Tuesday, September 5, 2017

An ode to my notebooks

Paper is fragile. It blows away in the wind. 
Crumples, tears and rips at the edges. 
Ink washes away. 
As mighty as the pen might be, water is its kryptonite. 
Yet, is is in these pages that I choose to pour my heart into. 
Paper is fragile, 
but so am I. 


I have been writing songs for nine years. 
It feels strange to say that because nine years is a long time and sometimes I still feel like I don't know what I'm doing. 
It changes with every song. There's always a new way to say something, and always a different way to write a song. When I first started writing, I did it for myself. No one else heard the songs I wrote. It was my little secret. 
Now things are pretty different. And I'm grateful that I get to play them to people. Sometimes they listen and it's the best feeling in the world. I don't know, I guess we all just want to be understood, and you listening to my songs makes me feel like I'm not alone. 
Since I was little, everything I thought about, everything I was feeling, and everything that happened to me, I've written down. Thank you for being a friend, a therapist, a shoulder to cry on. 
And thank you for listening to my music, and for reading my silly little posts like these. 

No comments:

Post a Comment